The 2011 AAUW-NYS Leadership Conference was held July 15-17, returning to the campus of Cazenovia College, in the charming village of Cazenovia, NY.
Several of the presentations are posted here. Please check back as more will be added.
- Claudia Richards (national AAUW) spoke about "What makes Women
Join or Stay in an
Organization Today? Her Powerpoint presentation - and notes - are here.
- Donna Seymour (AAUW-NYS Communications Director) spoke on the AAUW "Voices" Project and has provided her presentation here.
- Nancy Mion gave an overview of the recent national convention.
- Betsy Dell, RIT Engineering Professor, spoke on the use of AAUW Campus Action Grants and the success of single gender (elective) courses in the Fairport Central School District. The PDF version of her presentation is available here.
- Although our AAUW-NYS Visibility Director Claire Regan was unable to attend, she sent in some valuable materials. She has put together a guide to organizing a district conference, a sample district conference program, and a super Visibility tips worksheet.
- Jean Havens spoke on the parallel concerns and partnerships between AAUW and the Girl Scouts. A youtube video highlights some of these points.
- Melissa Guardaro and Joan Monk updated us on the "My Sister's Keeper" project. There is much work that needs to be done to upgrade the status of women around the world. Available now are a handout on the "Fistula Project" and a one-page "MSK Year Two" guide. Their Powerpoint presentation is also now available here.
Information and presentations from the conferences of 2009 and 2010 are still available -
2010 - Cazenovia College
2009 - Hartwick College